Thursday, 5 April 2012

Review-Essence Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner

Hello Everyone!
What I have for you today is a review on the Essence Liquid Eyeliner in the waterproof version.I have the non-waterproof one but I don't tend to use it very often as I find this one is much better.Stays on longer,doesn't smudge,the colour is much more intense etc. I have been trying both out a while now but I only purchased the waterproof one about 3 weeks ago,maybe more and I have been using it most of the time with my makeup so it's time to get this review up :) I just want to say that Essence Cosmetics is one of my favourite makeup brands,for the people that don't like buying from cheap brands or never tried any of these products then it's defiantly time you do.I feel like I haven't actually reviewed much of the Essence products that I have, on my blog but defiantly look out for many more in the future! I have a room full of mascaras,eyeshadows,blushers etc.You can buy Essence products from your local Pennys/Primark.




 


Packaging:I quite like the packaging,it's not too cheap looking and is sleek and small and would defiantly fit in your bag to bring around with you throughout the day,but trust me you won't be needing to do that.You would know before even picking it up that it's waterproof because the lid/applicator and writing is a deep blue colour and when you look a little close it says that it is waterproof so you defiantly wouldn't get mixed up between it and the non-waterproof lol.

Product:As you can see from the swatches above it is blackest black so for all of you who like a good black intense eyeliner then this was made for you.When first applied it's quite glossy but only takes about 10 seconds max to dry in and then you have a matte finish which of course most people would want.The formula isn't too runny which makes a quick and easy application.I love the applicator,you can create a thin line or thick line like shown above.Excuse the first swatch I did,it smudged when I was doing something with my hands,they were wonky anyway lol and it ended up coming out like an arrow,cool ay?

Lasting Power:Back to when I swatched this on my hand,once it's dried it it will not budge.I was there rubbing it as hard as I could just to see would it move and it didn't.When removing this at night I don't find it a problem.I hate waterproof eyeliners/mascaras that are a pain to get off and take some amount of scrubbing,well I got this off easily with some cheap facial wipes.I don't re-apply this during the day because I find that I don't need to,no smudging or the colour hasn't faded.So it will last 8 hours+

Colour Range:I'm sure that these eyeliners only come in Black.That's all I have seen around in my local Pennys.But for the people that have bigger stands of Essence then you might find these in different shades but so far I can only find black which is all I need because I wouldn't go for any other colour,maybe brown but this does me :)

Price:Like all other Essence products these are under €5.They retail at 2.99 so it's defiantly affordable and it will last you a good amount of time is well.

Would I Re-Purchase? I most defiantly would.I'm going to experiment with some gel eyeliners in the next few weeks but that won't stop me from buying this again.If you want to see how this is like on then read through some of my previous FOTD posts or look out for ones coming up.I would highly recommend it and overall I would rate this product 9.5/10

21 comments:

  1. It's good to know that the brand isn't bad, I keep saying I'm going to try some stuff of theirs and I just can't convince myself that it isn't terrible lol.

    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my opinion I think there's a good and bad to every makeup brand.I dislike the Essence foundations because the shades are WAY to dark and make me look like a carrot,where as this and their mascaras are a favourite of mine and use almost every day.You should defiantly pick up a few products to try out,their cheap and if you need any help on what to get just ask! :)

      xxx

      Delete
  2. this looks so good! DO they sell Essence in England?xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of people I talked to living in England said they have never seen Essence anywhere..so I'm not sure you might just have to look about :) It's a european brand so should be in some shops :)

      xxx

      Delete
  3. I keep hearing about Essence Make-Up Products, i definately need to check it out - ive not seen it in England thoughh :/
    Great post!

    I've given you a blog award!
    http://youralmostalice.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/blogger-appreciation-award.html

    Natalie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a lot of people now that said that so it defiantly isn't availabale in England then lol so the only way you would be able to get some products is if you do a swap..or hopefully they will be brought in soon so you can get your hands on them ;)
      Thank you for the award hun I'll try do it over the weekend :)

      xxx

      Delete
  4. great review! I still haven't gone through completely the Essence brand, I'm loving their cheap but great make-ups! :D

    http://exoticwaytoburn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D I know when I started out buying from them it took me forever to get through their products,and I still have loads left to try yet :) Cheap but great,very ture! ;)

      xxx

      Delete
  5. Great review, it's quite hard to find eyeliner that stays put so I'll be looking out for this xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankin you :) Update:I just washed my hands and the thin line has just faded slightly but the thick line is still going good lol :D Let me know how you get on hun :)

      xxx

      Delete
  6. Wow this is a great review! I've never seen this before but it looks pretty good!:)
    http://whatrebeccasaid.blogspot.co.uk xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun :) Defiantly have a look out for it next time :)

      xxx

      Delete
  7. i wish this was available near me looks amazing! great review hun :D

    www.dream1ncolour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Essence should defiantly set up a website where people can shop online that would be a great idea ha and thank you :)

      xxx

      Delete
  8. Great review, I've never heard of the brand before but I'll definitely look out for it now! :) x

    http://bowtiedbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure do :) They have pretty much everything from nail polishes,foundation,powder,blush and the best part is everything is under €5 :) Most Pennys/Primark stock Essence but you can find that some pharmacys also do it is well :)

      xxx

      Delete
  9. Ive been looking for a really good liquid liner and this might be it!
    i definitely have to check it out! :)


    allthingsbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might just be ;) Hope it works out for you but I'm sure you will like it because I haven't heard one bad thing about these liquid eyeliners yet :)

      xxx

      Delete
  10. I didn't know Penneys were stocking essence, when i left for Oz they only did the clothing, then last year when I was home the beauty and tan started coming in, now they have this! Turning into a mega store me thinks! Can't wait to get home and literally raid the place! I think essence are the "younger sister" of catrice! I don't mind buying cheaper brands makeup in certian items like eyeliner, blusher, nail polish, but for things like foundations and mascara I find I go for a better quality brand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well not all Penny's do because the nearest one to me which is up in Navan only started stocking Essence about 2 months ago,it just depends on the size of the store :) They do St.Moriz (Which is the best tan I have ever used and actually have it on now and only cost like €2.99?),Batiste dry shampoo and I even got a set of these gorgeous leopard print nails for €1.50 :)
      I only found out about Catrice a while back lol there a bit more expensive but both are from Frankfurt Germany :)
      Yeah defiantly agree with you on that! I always go for the dear foundations because I've bad skin and I wouldn't want anything to make it worse but the Essence mascaras are a must have! :)

      xxx

      Delete
  11. Thank you for the insightful review, but why do you keep using the word "defiantly"?

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day,so make sure to check back for a reply! :) ♥